Saint Johannes Lutheran Church
Charleston, SC 29401
Saint Johannes Lutheran Church is a Classical Tuscan design that was built in 1842. The congregation later moved to St Matthew's Lutheran Church on King Street. But, in 1878, a group of about 53 Lutherans from the St Matthew's Church decided to return to the original location on Hasell Street and organized the congregation to be known at St Johannes Lutheran Church.