Hiberian Society Hall
Charleston, SC 29401
Not open to the public
Hibernian Hall was built in 1840 to provide a meeting place for the Hibernian Society, an Irish benevolent organization founded in 1801.
Hibernian Hall was the first semi-public building of pure Greek style to be built in Charleston. The interior has a magnificent ballroom and double stair hall. The Irish harp carved in the panel above the main door and within the iron gates, as well as a stone from Ireland's Giant's Causeway, reflect the ethnic heritage of the Hall's founders
The Hall still serves as the location for many events, including an annual St. Patrick's Day celebration, society balls and other social occasions.