Farmers Exchange Building
Charleston, SC 29401
Not open to the public
The Farmers and Exchange Bank was built in 1854 and is the only Moorish Revival building in Charleston. Some examples of the Moorish style are horsehoe arches and the banded facade.
Inside the flat-roofed building was a high skylighted banking room. Spanish motifs are seen in this area as well in the elaborate plaster decorations. The rear wing of the building was built in a more conventional Classical Revival style. In the early 1990's the building was use as a restaurant.
The Farmers and Exchange Bank is located at 141 East Bay St. The building is currently vacant and not open to the public.